Fortunato Mazzone – Cheat’s Duo of Carpaccio
Suzanne Crozier – French toast rolls
100g of raw fillet steak
1 x 80g pack of pre-sliced
(or any other venison)
1 block of parmesan for
1 stick of celery
Handful of micro herbs
B-well Olive oil
- Thinly slice the strawberries and grill them in a hot pan until slightly blackened and leave to cool.
- On a large serving plate, lay out the smoked venison in a circular pattern along the rim of the plate with care leaving the centre open.
- Thinly slice the fillet with your sharpest knife taking care to slice as thinly as possible.
- Place the thin raw slices of fillet on the centre of the plate filling the empty space.
- Place the grilled strawberries over the venison section spacing more or less evenly.
- Sprinkle the plate with extra virgin olive oil (around 2 table spoons).
- Thinly slice around the raw mushroom and raw celery and place evenly over the dish.
- Squeeze half a lemon out over the beef.
- Splash tiny droplets of balsamic out over the venison (about 1 table spoon)
- Take a zester and zest about a tablespoon of the orange rind taking care not to go through to the white bitter pith. Sprinkle evenly over the platter.
- Take a peeler and generously place some long curling shavings of parmesan over the plate.
- Season with microherbs and you are ready to go. 5 minutes start to finish.