Izelle Hoffman – Roasted Buck Wheat Energy Bars
Izelle Hoffman –
Roasted Buck Wheat Energy Bars
16 – 20 Bars
300g Chopped dates
150g Almond flour
3 Tsp Caramel essence
1 Tsp Orange essence
4 Heaped Tbsp of Cacao
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup of roast Buck Wheat flavoured with
1 Tsp of Orange essence
B-well Canola Baking Spray
1. Pre-heat the oven on 190˚C and prepare a medium size baking tray with baking paper.
2. Roast the buck wheat in a pan with B-well Canola Baking non-stick spray and orange essence over medium heat till light brown and toasted. It will smell like roasted nuts when they are ready.
3. Set aside and allow to cool off.
4. Soak the chopped dates and raisins in hot water for 10-15 min.
5. Drain and mash
6. Add the almond flour, caramel essence, cacao, cinnamon and salt.
7. Mix well with your hands.
(Tip: to avoid the mix to stick to your hands, spray your hands with B-well Canola Baking non-stick spray, once it starts building up, wash your hands and spray with non-stick spray again).
8. Place in the fridge and allow to cool off.
9. Once ready, remove from the fridge.
10. Spray hands with B-well Baking non-stick spray and transfer mix to the baking tray and spread it out evenly, then top it with the roasted buck wheat and press down firmly.
11. Drizzle with B-well olive oil, raw honey and sprinkle with almond flour.
12. Bake for 15min on 190˚C.
13. Allow to cool off completely before cutting into bars.
14. Store in airtight container in the fridge.