Karen Blanché –
Swiss Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Mint ganache
Karen Blanché – Swiss Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Mint ganache
60g Glucose Syrup
300g Dark Chocolate
(cocoa above 50%)
375g Cream (35% fat content)
8g Gelatin powder
45g Water to bloom gelatin
Fresh mint ganache
125g Cream 35% fat
25g Glucose syrup
185g Dark Chocolate
1 Tsp B-Well Canola Oil
- Bring to the boil: sugar, glucose, and water, add the bloomed gelatin.
- Off the heat: add the chocolate, mix until a smooth mass has been achieved.
- Cool down slightly
- Transfer chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in 1/3 of the cream.
- Fold in the remainder of the cream
- Pour into a container and allow to set
- Bring to the boil the cream and glucose – allow cool to 85˚C.
- Pour over the couverture mixing from the center to form a core until a smooth shinny ganache is formed.
- Lastly add the oil & blend.