Suzanne Crozier – Ginger and Pineapple Pop-tarts
Suzanne Crozier –
Ginger and Pineapple Pop-tarts
1 pineapple, cut in small blocks
2 cm Fresh ginger
45 ml Sugar
1 Lime’s juice and zest
2 Rolls puff pastry
30 ml Milk
125 ml Icing sugar
30 ml Fresh lemon juice
- Add pineapple, ginger, sugar, lime juice and zest into a saucepan.
- Let pineapples boil until translucent and thick.
- Roll puff pastry until slightly thinner.
- Cut pastry into 16 rectangular shapes.
- Brush 8 rectangles’ edges with cold water, divide pineapple mixture between the 8 pieces.
- Place the other 8 rectangles on top of the other. Take care that it fits.
- Press edges together with a fork. Brush with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Glaze: Mix icing and lemon juice together and drizzle over cooled pastry.