Pellie Grobler – Gammon with warm potato salad
Pellie Grobler –
Gammon with warm potato salad
1 large onion
3 bay leaves
10 black peppercorns
4 tbsp brown sugar
250ml fresh orange juice
1 cup frozen cranberries
200g baby potato
2 TBLS B-well mayonnaise
1 Tsp sandwich spread
1 hard boiled egg
1 tsp French tarragon
1tsp parsley Tenderstem broccoli
2tbls Dijon mustard
2 tsp sugar
Salt & pepper
- Weigh the gammon and allow 20 minutes cooking time per 500g.
- Place in a pot.
- Roughly chop the onion and then add it to the casserole – together with the bay leaves and
- Fill up with water to just cover the ham.
- Bring to the boil on the stove top, and then reduce the heat and simmer covered for the calculated time.
- Lift the ham out and remove the rind, leaving a thin layer of fat.
- Score the fat into a diamond pattern and press a clove into the centre of each diamond shape.
To make the glaze:
- Place the sugar, cranberry jelly and orange juice in a saucepan.
- Bring it to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until a dark sticky glaze forms.
- Add the cranberries.
- Spoon the glaze over the ham and bake for about 25 minutes at 180˚C until the gammon is golden.
To make warm potato salad:
- Boil baby potato until tender and Cut into halves, Add B-Well Mayonaise, sandwich spread, tarragon, chopped egg and chopped parsley.
- Mix together and add salt & pepper. For the sauce:Bring cream to boil, add the mustard , simmer together for 2 min , add salt & pepper,
- Place cooked broccoli onto the plate, spoon the potato salad onto broccoli.
- Cut gammon into slices, and place on top of the potato salad.
- Spoon sauce over, drizzle the glaze over sauce and serve.