Izelle Hoffman –
Mint Brownie Biscuits
Izelle Hoffman – Mint Brownie Biscuits
16 - 20 Koekies
300g chopped dates
150g Almond flour
50g Ground flax seeds
3 tsp caramel essence
4 tbsp cacao
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp peppermint (or, orange essence as an alternative)
Almond flour to sprinkle biscuits with Raw honey to drizzle over biscuits once they removed from the oven after baking
Edible glitter to decorate with once cooled off
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Soak the chopped dates and raisins in hot water for 10-15 min.
- Drain and mash.Then add the almond flour, caramel essence, cacao, cinnamon, salt and essence.
- Mix well.
(Tip: to avoid the mix to stick to your hands, spray your hands with B-well non-stick spray, once it
starts building up, wash your hands and spray with B-well non-stick spray again).
- Start rolling small balls by taking a heaped tablespoon of the mix, and roll it in a ball.
- Place it on the baking tray, and push down with a fork.
- Repeat till the whole batch is done.
- Dust with cinnamon and bake for 10 min on 190˚C.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with almond flour and let it cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for maximum shelf life.