Ramon Gouws – Broccoli met Bloukaassous
Karen Blanchè – Savoury Buns
800g Tender stem broccoli
25ml B-Well Olive oil
100g Flaked Almonds, toasted
100g Pecan nut halves, smoked
1 Lemon zested
1 Garlic clove
350g Blue cheese grated
3 Sprigs Thyme
Black pepper and salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and season heavily with salt
- Blanch the tender stem broccoli in the rolling boiling water for 1 minute, then remove and place into an ice bath, then drain and pat dry.
- For the sauce, add the cream into a thick based pan along with the thyme and garlic and reduce by 1/3, then strain through a sieve and discard the thyme and garlic.
- Add the cream mixture back into a pan and bring to a simmer, then add the blue cheese and remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat, coat the broccoli stems with the B-Well olive oil and brown in the pan- but do not overcook.
- To finish, add the broccoli into the blue cheese sauce and then plate onto a plate. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, smoked pecans and fresh lemon zest.
- You can garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes.