Suzanne Crozier – Christmas Chocolate Trifle
Suzanne Crozier –
Christmas Chocolate Trifle
400g dark chocolate
3 large eggs beaten
200ml caster sugar
150g pecan nuts, chopped (optional)
- Line a 25 X 25cm baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Melt 250g chocolate and the butter over boiling water until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Chop remaining chocolate into chunks.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Beat into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour and then stir in the chocolate and nuts.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 30 minutes until it is lightly cracked and the mixture is just coming away from the sides.
- Leave to cool for ±15 minutes, cut into squares, dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with ice cream.