Karen Blanché –
Karen Blanché – Foccacia
10g/ 1 packet Active dry yeast
1 ½ cup Warm Water
½ Cup B-well Olive oil
1 Tsp Salt
3 cups All purpose flour
2 Cloves/ 1 Tsp Fresh finely
1 Tbs Fresh chopped Thyme
1 Tbs Sea salt
1 Tsp Black pepper
- In a cold medium skillet, combine B-well olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, and the black pepper. Place the pan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until aromatic,but before the garlic browns. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and honey. Stir a few times then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and a 1/4 cup of the infused garlic-olive oil mixture to the bowl with yeast and honey. Stir 3 to 4 times until the flour has moistened. Let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 ½ cups of flour and the salt. When the dough comes together, transfer to a floured board and knead 10 to 15 times until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl, cover with a warm, damp towel and let rise for 1 hour. (It’s best to let the dough rise in a warmer area of your kitchen).
To bake the bread:
- After 1 hour, heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use two tablespoons of the remaining garlic-olive oil mixture to oil a 9-inch by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet. (See above if you do not have this pan size).
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet, then press it down into the pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough, then drizzle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the garlic-olive oil mixture. Let the dough rise for 20 minutes until it puffs slightly.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.