Izelle Hoffman – Sesame Crusted Brinjal Steaks
Izelle Hoffman –
Sesame Crusted Brinjal Steaks
4 Tbsp B-well Olive oil
1 Heaped tsp Paprika
4 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Ground black pepper
1 Large or 2 medium Brinjals cut into steaks
2 Heaped tbsp Sesame seeds
1 Tbsp Almond flour
100g Fresh baby spinach
15g Wild rocket
1. Mix the marinade and set aside.
2. Cut the Aubergine/ Brinjal into steaks (about 1.5cm thick).
3. Place in marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds
4. Allow the aubergine to absorb some of the marinade before cooking.
5. Pre-heat a large frying pan with B-well olive oil. The pan needs to be hot.
6. Fry the aubergine/ Brinjal steaks till golden brown on both sides.
7. Prepare a serving dish with baby spinach as base.
8. Place the fried aubergine steaks on top of the spinach, sprinkle with almond flour and
garnish with wild rocket and pomegranate.
9. Serve immediately