Karen Blanché –
Butter Chicken Curry
Karen Blanché – Butter Chicken Curry
3 Tbs B-well Canola oil
½ Chopped onion
1 Tsp Chopped garlic
1 Tsp Tomato paste
1/3 Cup Butter
½ Each Chopped red and yellow pepper
1 Tbs Curry Powder
½ Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Coriander
½ Tsp Cardamom½ Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Apricot jam
1 can Chopped canned tomatoes
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 can Canned Tomato
400g Sliced Chicken breast
½ Tsp each Crushed ginger, chilies and turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pan on medium heat.
- Fry the onion, chili, and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, curry, cumin, coriander, chilies, turmeric and all other spices.
- Fry for 2 minutes for the flavours to marry.
- Add apricot jam and the chicken breasts.
- Add canned tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in, off the heat, the yogurt and butter.
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve with a starch of your choice.