Ramon Gouws –
Cape Bream Ceviche
Ramon Gouws – Cape Bream Ceviche
400g Cape bream, filleted, skinned and cubed
100g Prickly pear, skinned and deseeded, then cut
2 Clementines, peeled and segmented
1 Mango, peeled and cut into fine brunoise
1 Shallot, fine brunoise
¼ Cucumber, shaved
2 Chilis, cut thinly on the bias
60ml B-well Extra virgin olive oil
100ml Passionfruit juice
15ml Rice vinegar
5g Mint, chiffonade
Fresh coriander picked to garnish
- Make the dressing by combining the honey, passion fruit juice and rice vinegar, season and set aside.
- Toss together the cubed bream, mango brunoise, shallot brunoise and mint chiffonade and mix through well.
- Plate the fish onto a plate in clusters and arrange the ribboned shaved cucumber randomly between.
- Add the clementines randomly between and then the prickly pear.
- Garnish the clusters of fish with the sliced chilis and drizzle with the B-well Extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally season with sea salt and garnish with fresh picked coriander