Pellie Grobler –
Peanut Butter Tart
Pellie Grobler – Peanut Butter Tart
1 pkt tennis biscuits
5 tablespoons unsalted butter,
cut into pieces
1 table spoon dark chocolate
For Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup white chocolate, finely chopped·
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter·
½ cup peanut brittle, coarsely chopped
½ cup dark or semisweet
chocolate (50-70%), finely chopped·
½ cup milk chocolate, finely
¼ cup heavy cream·
2 tablespoon b-well extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl.In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate in a microwave in 30 second bursts on half power until just melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into bowl with cookie crumbs and fold until evenly moistened.
- Dump crumbs into a tart pan with removable bottom.
- Press firmly to pack the crust on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Freeze crust for 30 minutes to set.
For Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate and peanut
- butter in a microwave in 30 second bursts on half power until just melted.
- Stir until smooth.Coarsely chop peanut brittle; there should be some crumbs and some large pieces, but ideally nothing bigger than a grain of pearl couscous.
- Add to melted white chocolate mixture and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Pour into frozen crust, spreading into an even layer.
- Return to freezer for another 30 minutes or until fully set.
To prepare ganache topping:
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Warm cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until it just begins to bubble around the edges (do not let it boil).
- Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Gently whisk the warm cream and the chocolate, starting in the very center and stirring in a small circle until you have a pocket of shiny ganache.
- Then slowly expand your strokes in concentric circles until the rest of the cream is incorporated and the chocolate is fully melted.
- If your chocolate isn’t completely melted, place the bowl on top of a pot of gently simmering water for about 30 seconds just to warm it slightly; continue to slowly stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add Bwell olive oil, slowly whisking until incorporated.
- You don’t want to whisk too fast or you risk breaking the ganache.
- Once ganache is smooth and olive oil is fully incorporated, pour ganache over top of frozen peanut butter filling, spreading it into an even layer.
- Tap the pan a few times on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Refrigerate until ganache is fully set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Keep chilled; let come to room temperature for no more than 15 to 20 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
- Tart will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week
- Garnish with caramel popcorn, coarsely chopped Astros, toasted marshmallow.