Izelle Hoffman – Savoury fried One Pan rice dish
Izelle Hoffman –
Savoury fried One Pan rice dish
For the savoury rice:
1 cup of cooked rice
1 ½ cups of water
¼ Tsp salt
½ Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp dried Thyme or
herb of your choice
1/4 Tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp B-well Olive oil
1 Medium Red onion
Salt1 Tbsp Raw Honey
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
100g Sundried tomato
protein of your choice,
I used chicken breast cut into chunks
A handful of freshly
chopped Italian Parsley
2 small red peppers chopped
- Pre-cook the rice by adding the salt, turmeric, thyme and ground black pepper to the water.
- Make use of a medium to large frying pan
- Pre-heat the pan with B-well olive oil and fry the onion till brown.
- Add the salt and honey and allow to caramelize.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the protein of your choice, and stir fry for around 5min so that all the flavours can mix well.
- Finish off by adding the peppers and freshly chopped parsley and stirring it through.
- This dis can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.