Suzanne Crozier –
Suzanne Crozier – Ratatouille Vlegsel
80ml B-well olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
4 Cloves of garlic, mashed
3 Baby marrows, sliced
1 Large red or green
pepper, cut into small pieces (seeds removed)
1 large Aubergine/Eggplant
3 Medium tomatoes –peeled, seeded and chopped
1 Bay leaf
10ml Fresh basil, finely chopped, or 5ml dried basil
60ml Finely chopped Parsley
400 g (1 roll) Puff Pastry
250 ml Mozzarella cheese
Place oven on 200
- Heat half the B-well olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion.
- Add garlic, baby marrows and peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise and then into piece of 25mm.
- Place the sautéed vegetables and the aubergine in a large casserole. Sprinkle with theremaining B-well olive oil.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into cubes and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with basil and salt.
- Simmer covered saucepan for 35 – 40 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Unroll the puff pastry and score lengthwise in 3rds.
- Cut the outside strips in 45° smaller strips on both outside pieces.
- Place mozzarella cheese in middle piece with ratatouille and more cheese on top.
- Braid pieces of dough criss-cross over filling.
- Brush with milk and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.