Fortunato Mazzone – “Cheat” stuffed pasta shells-
Fortunato Mazzone –
“Cheat” stuffed pasta shells-
Part 1 – Bechamel sauce
50 g White cake flour
200 ml milk
½ teaspoon salt
Shake of black pepper
½ teaspoon ground
Part 2 – Pasta
Past and 20 Pasta shells
parboiled for 11 minutes
Part 3 – Napoli Sause
1 cup of basic Napoli sauce:
Cooked in B-well olive oil for 5 minutes
Part 4 Filling:
1 cup of leftover cooked mince
½ finely diced onion
1 cup finely diced
1 cup of grated
½ cup grated parmesan
B-well Olive oil
½ cup fresh micro herbs for colour and crunch.
- Take the diced onions and flash fry in hot B-well olive oil with the mushrooms and season to taste.
- Add the leftover mince.
- Cook for 2 minutes to combine.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Stuff the parboiled pasta shells with a teaspoon full of the mixture and place on roasting pan.
- Smother the stuffed shells with the bechamel sauce.
- For the sauce combine the butter and the flour in a pan to make a thick yellow roux.
- Add splashes of milk a drop at a time stirring continuously to make a smooth white sauce.
- Season to taste and add the grated nutmeg for complexity.
- Generously sprinkle the parmesan and mozzarella over the top and add spoons full of the tomato sauce for a colourful contrast.
- Bake in a 180˚C oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese turns a light golden colour with little black burned bubbles.
- Serve garnished with colourful micro herbs.